26 Feb 2013

Syria


Syria


Oh my beloved!
You have bled and bled
No more tears to be shed
Over your death bed
Grief is beyond belief
I just pray
You stay ‪

Oh my beloved!
With you they've messed
But I know the beauty
With which your soul is blessed
The heck
You shall rise from your wreck ‪

Oh my beloved!
'Tis you I've loved
In you I've lived
You, the mother
I, a refugee
But now
'Tis you
Who shall in me
Forever live

Oh my beloved!
Through you I've made a dream:
Return to Palestine
Or is it - now:
Return to Syria?
One dream
Two dreams
Same dream



Abu Dhabi, 24 February 2013
Written spontaneously on Twitter. Each stanza was a tweet



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You really did inspired me to pick up my pen and feel the lines of my notebook. Well done and keep it up !

Anonymous said...

perfect... made me tear up.